5/18/10

IT'S GOOD TO BE 10

Do you remember how special it felt to turn ten years old? The anticipation as you counted the days until you could say farewell to single digit years?

I do-- and I am happy to wish the South Carolina Aquarium a "Happy 10th Birthday"!  In honor of it turning the big 1-0, here is my list of Top Ten Reasons I Love the South Carolina Aquarium.
    10. It has grown to be a leader in the conservation movement in the Palmetto State.
   
    9. It's the crown jewel of the Charleston Harbor and the city’s most-visited attraction. (you can’t get a better view of the harbor)

    8. The aquarium repaid it founding debt last year and faces an exciting new decade!

    7.  Attendance and membership keep going up, up, up!

    6. The Aquarium does a great job promoting education and conservation to kids of all ages.

    5. The cool albino alligator exhibit--one of only 50 albino gators in the world!

    4. The Sea Turtle Rescue Program has rehabilitated more than 50 sea turtles and released them home to the sea! (Be sure to get a tour)

    3. The Sustainable Seafood Initiative. More than 70 restaurant partners throughout the state. Great wine pairings and fabulous meals. (Make a reservation. Your palette won’t be disappointed!)

    2. The amazing 4-D Theater! South Carolina’s first and only about to open for wildlife experiences on the big screen. Move over Avatar!

And the #1 reason I love the SC Aquarium?

    1. The Aquarium’s staff and volunteers. Best of the best! They make the visit exciting for us all—and they are making a difference!

I could go on and on about my love for the aquarium and I’m proud to serve on its board.  Did you know the aquarium is the setting for my novel SWIMMING LESSONS? All the turtle experiences mentioned throughout the novel are actual sea turtle cases from the hospital. (If you haven’t read it, the paperback release is scheduled for July.)

Happy 10th birthday to the South Carolina Aquarium! I wish you another ten years of amazing successes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. Learn more about my books on Facebook and my website www.maryalicemonroe.com.


All the best,
Mary Alice