IT'S GOOD TO BE 10
7. Attendance and membership keep going up, up, up!
6. The Aquarium does a great job promoting education and conservation to kids of all ages.
5. The cool albino alligator exhibit--one of only 50 albino gators in the world!
4. The Sea Turtle Rescue Program has rehabilitated more than 50 sea turtles and released them home to the sea! (Be sure to get a tour)
3. The Sustainable Seafood Initiative. More than 70 restaurant partners throughout the state. Great wine pairings and fabulous meals. (Make a reservation. Your palette won’t be disappointed!)
2. The amazing 4-D Theater! South Carolina’s first and only about to open for wildlife experiences on the big screen. Move over Avatar!
And the #1 reason I love the SC Aquarium?
1. The Aquarium’s staff and volunteers. Best of the best! They make the visit exciting for us all—and they are making a difference!
I could go on and on about my love for the aquarium and I’m proud to serve on its board. Did you know the aquarium is the setting for my novel SWIMMING LESSONS? All the turtle experiences mentioned throughout the novel are actual sea turtle cases from the hospital. (If you haven’t read it, the paperback release is scheduled for July.)
Happy 10th birthday to the South Carolina Aquarium! I wish you another ten years of amazing successes!