5/4/15

BEHIND THE NOVEL: A MOTHER-DAUGHTER PERSPECTIVE

The publisher sent me this last week-- a box of THE SUMMER'S END. This is my first time seeing my story in book form. It's such a thrill!  And it can only mean one thing... pub day is almost here!

In just two weeks THE SUMMER'S END will hit store shelves and I'm excited to share the final installment of the Lowcountry Summer Trilogy with you.  This book cover has special meaning to me; the model is my daughter Gretta.  She's also the inspiration of one of the trilogy's main characters.

Recently, we were asked by women's fiction book website XOXOAfterDark to share the details on how the cover came to be and talk about our special mother-daughter relationship in a guest blog post.  Here it is: THE SUMMER'S END: A MOTHER DAUGHTER LOOK BEHIND THE NOVEL

I enjoyed hearing my daughter's perspective on our relationship and my work. Feel free to ask us follow-up questions after reading this.  And make sure to go to the end of the blog post to see a short video that inspired THE SUMMER'S END cover.

I can't believe the book comes out in two weeks and I hit the road for book tour.  I'm excited to reconnect with friends, booksellers and readers, plus make new friends along the way.  Am I coming to a city near you?  CLICK HERE to see my book tour schedule.

And I'm kicking the tour off with an official Book Launch Party at the South Carolina Aquarium, May 18th in Charleston, SC.  If you're local or want to take a fun road trip with friends, come celebrate with me!  CLICK HERE for the invitation.  Let's launch THE SUMMER'S END together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. Learn more about my books on Facebook and my website www.maryalicemonroe.com.


All the best,
Mary Alice